Histories - Ian, the old man from next tent.

Little bit of history now Folks !!

In this crazy journey I had met lots of people. People with the most crazy live histories ever.. And some of this histories I will never forget. It is hard to say why I will never forget those histories, perhaps, because I got some identification with.


Ian, the old man from next tent.

I had set my tent in the corner of the camp-ground near from a fence. His tent were the next on my left. Takes no longer until we met each other. He was a funny man and very friendly. At night in the camping ground when every body was on their tents or already sleeping we were staring the night sky counting shutting stars while we were talking about foolish matters. All ways I had liked to heard somebody histories ... And I do know why! My grand father. The biggest histories teller ever, but later I will talk about that. Let's move on ... Once we were talking about him and he said that all his belongings were inside his tent. He said “I have every thing than I need... my bike my tent ... food and books...”. I'd thought “It's impossible. How in earth a 58's years old man has nothing???”. But he started again. “My tent is my home... and my backyard is New Zealand”. After that I had realized I was in front of huge man. With 58's years old Ian had never left New Zealand he had never left even the north island. Do you know how big is The New Zealand territory?? And more he spent his last 5 years living into a tent working with a piker. Season after season he packed his stuffs put his tent down and pushed his bike until the next city. And like that 2 or 3 further until retirement. Some day Ian was reading a book called “The War of the Power” I ask him what the book was about and he said ... “the book is about a man locking after a treasure. And the treasure is a necklace how has the power for an eternal live... ” he smiled at me and said “ And... is that what I want.”. With sincere smile he gave me the book and said. “Here take this book with you!!”. And I have it.

Comentários

Anônimo disse…
u meet cool people like that just in NZ.. :D man, have a good time, ur blog is a cool piece of read.

:-) Denis